Sorry for all the yelling but we’re pretty darn excited. With the help of T.L. Davenport Builders, the cabin is sporting a brand spanking I can’t believe how pretty, safe, and sturdy deck!
Those who were willing to brave the cabin the past 12 months knew the deck rules – no more than three people at one time and don’t stand on the bright orange x’s.
A few things we learned during the process:
- It’s cold in April when you’re laying on the ground
- It’s awfully nice to sit in a chair and watch someone else do the work
- T.L. Davenport Builders are AWESOME
- Removing the deck roof completely changed the view from inside the cabin
- Get a permit
- Friends come more often and stay longer when your deck is nice
Still to come:
- Finishing the railing
- Installing the portage zip line to the stream